Payment of deposit & / or balance constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions.
$ 500 payable to us immediately to confirm your booking. Sorry, we cannot hold tentative bookings.
The final payment is due no later than 8 weeks prior to departure date.
$1000 bond is payable by cash upon boarding. This will be refunded upon return from hire, less all fuel costs, and provided the boat is returned on time and in a clean, tidy and respectful condition. Any excess cleaning, damages or losses will be charged at cost. Damage or loss to the houseboat eligible for insurance claim will incur an excess (to be advised at the time), payable by the hirer for each and every claim.
Hypnotic Houseboat is an indoors smoke free environment. Smoking is allowed on the outside decks, however marked flammable areas such as refueling points on the front deck are to be avoided. Additional cleaning charges will apply for breach of our smoking policy, and items damaged by cigarettes etc. will be considered a breach of security bond conditions.
Cancellations notified more than 90 days prior to departure will be entitled to a full refund of monies paid less a $150 cancellation fee. Cancellations notified between 45 and 90 days prior to departure will forfeit all monies paid unless the houseboat can be rebooked for its full value. In this case, all monies, less $150 cancellation fee will be refunded. Cancellations notified less than 45 days will forfeit all monies paid unless the houseboat can be rebooked and a $150 cancellation fee will apply. In the event of a cancellation we will endeavor to rebook the houseboat. If we are unable to rebook the entire cancelled time, we reserve the right to refund at our discretion. Travel insurance is highly recommended for the Hirer, and can be arranged if required (contact owners).
The managers/owners will make every effort to ensure the houseboat is available as booked. However, they reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen or changed circumstances, such as relocation of houseboat, extreme river conditions, conflicting dates etc., and will advise guests at the first available opportunity. A management or owner cancellation will afford a full deposit refund.
Further Conditions of Hire:
- The person who is responsible for the Hire of the Houseboat must present a current car or boat license, and must be at least 25 years of age and remain on board the vessel for the duration of the hire. The same Drug and Alcohol rules apply as per road laws, and are enforced by police.
- Any person driving the houseboat must hold a current car or boat license and must be at least 18 years of age.
- All Maritime regulations must be abided by. The number of people on board the houseboat must not exceed 12 at any time. The vessel is licensed and surveyed to carry 12 persons and there are emergency use life vests for this number of people on board.
- The houseboat must not be driven after dark and before sunrise, or when poor visibility (ie heavy fog), or inclement conditions make navigation unsafe. The boat must remain stationary with all four ropes tied securely in the event of strong winds or a storm.
- Hypnotic Houseboat owners and managers/representatives reserve the right to refuse permission for anyone to board the vessel at their absolute discretion.
- Board at 1pm, and disembark no later than 10:00 am on final day of hire.
- If late return of vessel causes interruption to business or unreasonable delay and expense in business operations the responsible hirer will be charged accordingly for any loss of income.
- All bookings on Hypnotic Houseboat will be subject to an accidental / willful damage policy, and an excess cleaning policy.
- Fuel and gas is at the hirer's expense. All tanks are full on departure, and are checked/ refueled on return.
- Security bond will be returned - less fuel, gas and other costs if boat is returned on time. If damage or loss of items has occurred on your trip, then the residual security bond will be kept until damage or loss has been assessed. The difference will be returned, however, if more money is owed than the security bond paid by the person booking, that person will be responsible for that debt. Damaged, stolen or lost items must be paid at replacement cost.
- Boat Condition: We agree to have the boat in good working order but will not be obliged to compensate the hirers for any loss of time or misfortune due to mechanical failure.
- Instruction will be given on handling the craft by marina staff / marina owners and they reserve the right to refuse a hire without compensation.
- The owners / marina managers reserve the right to refuse any person or persons the use of the craft without compensation.
- Additional electrical appliances may only be brought onto the boat subject to prior approval by management. We cannot guarantee uninterrupted 240 volt power supply for medical devices. If an occupant has a medical device such as a sleep apnoea machine you are advised to bring your own backup power supply for the device.
- No all male or all female crews unless by prior arrangement with management.
** No pets, firearms, kegs of beer, axes or chainsaws, fuel cans or trail bikes are permitted onboard the houseboat.**
Thank you, Darren & Rebecca Binney
DC & RL Binney T/as Hypnotic Houseboat Holidays
ABN: 47 838 435 664
PO Box 3060, Port Lincoln SA 5606
Mobile: 0427 011 091